A Part-time employment opportunity is for a Front Counter Customer Service Representative.
- The hours will be 11:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. (1/2 hour lunch break), Monday through Friday.
- We will train a qualified applicant for a position in our highly respected public office.
- Final work location assignment for this full time position will be determined at the conclusion of the 13-17 week training program.
- Bilingual skills and College course credits are an asset.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
- Employee Application - You only need one application to apply for any Employment with the Seminole County Tax Collector. Please specify which position(s) you are interested in on the application.
- Tax Collector Brochure
- Work History Form (additional)
When completed, applications can be:
Seminole County Tax Collector
P. O . Box 630
Sanford, FL 32772-0630
Attention: Ms. Cynthia Torres or Mrs. Connie Overbay
There are basic requirements of education and/or experience that you must have to apply for employment. In addition, there are desired skills that are not required, but will be considered with your application in gaining employment with our office. These are as follows:
- A high school diploma.
- The ability to use standard office equipment (such as a typewriter, computer, calculator).
- Keyboarding ability (speed must be at least 35 wpm).
- Knowledge of the basic principles of mathematics and business English.
- Experience working with the public is a plus.
To be successful in working with the Tax Collector, employees must demonstrate these certain attitude attributes towards their work:
- Good character, trustworthiness and honesty
- Be dependable and prompt
- A good self-image
- Neat and appropriately dressed at all times
- Relate to and work cooperatively with fellow employees
- Disciplined to maintain complete confidentiality of sensitive and restricted information
- Be organized and complete assigned tasks and objectives timely
- Able to handle a variety of tasks at one time and set proper priorities
- Pay attention to detail
- Display a willingness to expand your own personal knowledge
- Maintain a positive outlook on the tasks of being a Customer Service Representative
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs., and be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of being bonded and becoming a Notary Public.
- Experience in handling cash and check transactions is a plus.
- Successfully be cleared through a Criminal Record Check.
- Successfully pass a drug test.
- The ability to speak Spanish fluently is preferred, but not required for this position.