Full-Time Customer Service Representative (CSR) Position
The Office of the Seminole County Tax Collector is seeking to fill a Full-Time Customer Service Representative (CSR) position.
The function of our Customer Service Representatives is to provide efficient and courteous service when processing our citizens state transactions such as motor vehicle and boat registration and titling, driver license, hunting and fishing licenses, and much more. The focus is equally balanced between customer service and accurate “revenue collecting”.
What does a CSR do?
- Front counter contact to answer questions, assist the general public, and provide various state and county services.
- Functions include computer data input, receiving payment of fees, validating or receipting work, and balancing cash drawer daily.
- Enter transactions into the appropriate computer network system.
- Learns, maintains electronic files, and retains knowledge of select State Agency procedures.
- Presents a professional appearance and manner, with a pleasant personality.
The start rate for all fully-trained Full-Time Customer Service positions is $12.00 per hour. Benefits are provided for Full-Time employees beginning at the conclusion of a comprehensive 13-week training program. An annual review is utilized to measure performance and to evaluate achievement. An hourly increase, if any, is merit based and typically awarded annually.
The working hours for all Full-Time employees are 8:15 am to 5:15 pm, Monday through Friday. There is a one hour unpaid lunch break.
There are five Branch Offices of the Seminole County Tax Collector. During the 13-week probationary period, the training will be pre-scheduled and conducted in three of the five office locations. Final work location assignment for this full time position will be determined at the conclusion of the training program.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma. College course credits are an asset.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Keyboarding/data entry skills at least 35 wpm.
- Knowledge of basic math principles and business English.
- The ability to speak Spanish fluently is preferred, but not required for this position.
An Employment Application is required. Resume and picture are optional. The successful candidate must be fingerprinted and cleared through a criminal background check and standard drug testing.