Every business in Seminole County is required to maintain a current business tax receipt. A business tax receipt fee appropriate to the type of business is charged at the time the receipt is issued.
- Seminole County issues two (2) types of Business Tax Receipts - regulated and not regulated.
- If the business is not required to have any type of local, state, professional, or federal certification or license, a Type A $25.00 Non-Regulated business tax receipt is issued.
- If the business is required to have any of the above, a Type B $45.00 Regulated business tax receipt will be issued.
- Business Tax Receipts are valid for one year, from October 1 through September 30.
- You may renew your business tax receipt as early as July 1st. In this case, your business tax receipt will be valid through the date that you renewed to September 30 of the following year.
- There are seven municipalities within Seminole County. If a business is located within a city limit, two Business Tax Receipts will be required ~ one from the city and one from the county.
- If the business is located within the city limits*** of any of the following participating cities, a trip to the Tax Collector's Office is not necessary.
These cities participate in One Stop Shopping and will issue the Seminole County business tax receipt at the same time the city business tax receipt is issued.
(You do NOT have to complete the Seminole County Business Tax Receipt Application).
We hope to offer this service in all Seminole County cities in the near future.
*** If the business is physically located within the city limits - not necessarily the mailing address of the business.
For more information on city business tax receipts, click on a link below to go to a particular city's website. (From there, look under the Department of the City Clerk or Community Development.)
Before coming into the Tax Collector's office for the Seminole County Business Tax Receipt, businesses located in Sanford and Lake Mary should obtain the cities business tax receipt first to assure all qualifications are met.
Businesses located in unincorporated Seminole County are required to have only a County Business Tax Receipt issued by the Seminole County Tax Collector's Office.